Top Nail Art Hacks for 2017
Posted on January 16th, 2017
One of the nail art industry’s most successful entrepreneurs, Tammy Taylor, captured our fascination with beautiful nails best with one sentence – “your nails are a way to speak your style without having to say a word.” The nail art of today is a far cry from the ordinary manicure of yesterday. Even if you are not one of those lucky individuals with long, shapely nails that never seem to chip or break, you can have a perfect set for an affordable price. Multitudes of nail aficionados plan their nail look carefully for every holiday, business meeting or special event and a good nail technician inspires the kind of loyalty you typically only devote to your hair stylist! If you’re part of the DIY crowd and like to experiment with creative new looks for your digits, check out some of the latest nail art hacks and give it a whirl between visits to your favorite salon.
- Ombre is in – It’s not just for hair any more! To achieve this pretty gradient look, begin by painting your nails with the lighter color as your base. Swirl the two colors together blotting the tips a few times with a sponge dipped into the polish.
- Glorious Glitter – Easily add some sparkle to your look by mixing your favorite craft store glitter with your favorite color or clear nail polish. You may choose to just glitter the half moon tip of a French manicure by using a paper hole reinforcement sticker as a painting guide.
- Peel and stick – Creating a nail design directly on your nail can be tricky. Try painting the design on a plastic sandwich bag. Peel it off when dry and easily apply to your nail with nail art glue or a clear topcoat.
- Banding together – An elegant French manicure is simple to pull off using a rubber band twisted firmly around the tip of the nail as a guide.
- Stick it to me – Give your nails a two-tone or striped look using tape. Paint one coat of lighter polish on each nail, and seal it with a clear topcoat. When it is completely dry, apply two strips of tape over the tips cross in the middle and to create a point. Paint a layer of the darker polish over the entire nail and on top of the tape. Let it dry for a minute, and then slowly peel the tape back to reveal the finished look.
- Not just for hair – Dip the tip of a bobby pin in polish and create a fun and easy polka dot canvas on your nails.
Beautiful nails are like the period at the end of a sentence… they can complete a look. If you’d like to learn more about schools that offer training in the field of nail technology, contact your local state board for accredited schools in your area.