Now Trending: Holiday Party Looks
Posted on December 19th, 2017
Tis the season for parties, potlucks, cocktails and cheer! And with all the fun and festivities, the hunt for the perfect holiday party look is on and you’re going to want to find the one that makes you sparkle just a little big brighter this holiday season. After all, making unforgettable memories starts with an unforgettable look! Check out some of the hottest holiday looks sweeping through office parties and events everywhere.
Take it from the top – Because, shouldn’t your crowning glory be, well, your crowning glory? This season has several options when it comes to holiday hair.
- Perfectly imperfect waves – Long, loosely tousled waves are stirring up holiday heat this season. Perfect for the revelers who are not feeling the neat and tidy chignon and other more put together styles, this relaxed, yet feminine style is always trendy. You can do a side part and drape your tousled waves forward over one shoulder for a sultry, glamorous look.
- Speaking of neat and tidy – You didn’t think the carefully coifed chignon or a huge, high bun wouldn’t be making an appearance at this year’s holiday table did you? It is and it is big, in every sense! This take on a classic topknot is elegant and bold.
- Holiday hair with a twist – Think of a librarian crossed with a royal princess and opt for a classy, low french twist with a delicate sweep of longish bangs to one side.
Give good face – You’ve picked out your party wear and worked out the party hair, but what about that face? Get ready to shimmer and shine because the eyes, lips and faces of this season are lighting up the night!
- Cranberry is saucy – Nothing says holiday like deep, cranberry red lips with a glossy sheen. Paired with lushly mascara-coated lashes, this look is a show- stopper!
- Silver and gold – Gold, silver, copper… metallic shimmer is magic and you can create a smoky eye or a futuristic icy stare, depending on your mood and choice of shadow. But as long as it shines and shimmers, it’s a great option for your holiday look!
- The eye “brows” have it – The finely tweezed, sparse brow that is merely an underline above the eye has lost its allure next to a full, brushed up brow. This more natural look really sings with a brightly painted fuchsia or cherry red matte lipstick.
It really is a wonderful time of year to reinvent your look and make this holiday season unforgettable! And for those among us who love to create signature styles for themselves and others, it’s a time to get inspired! If this sounds like you, let your inspiration guide you and explore the possibilities of a future in cosmetology! The beauty industry is growing and skilled cosmetologists are in demand. To learn more about Cosmetology and the licensing requirements in your area, contact your local state licensing board for a list of beauty schools near you.